Electric Utilities: Participate in CEA’s Vegetation Management Survey
Utility vegetation management programs are integral to providing reliable electricity by preventing potential interruptions caused by falling trees. These programs involve hardworking forestry crews who maintain the environment around utility structures and remove trees at risk of falling onto powerlines and causing damage. CEA is looking for TRANSMISSION or DISTRIBUTION electric utilities to contribute and respond to CEA’s Vegetation Management Benchmarking Survey to further support data reliability in the electricity sector.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
CEA’s Analytics and Reliability Program collects, stores, and analyzes the reliability and performance of Canada’s power generation, transmission, and distribution systems.
The Analytics and Reliability Program allows you to access comprehensive data online whenever you need it:
- Power Generation Equipment (continuous operation status, failures, outages)
- Power Transmission Equipment (line/transformer/circuit breaker failures & causes)
- Distribution Service Continuity (frequency/duration/cause of interruptions, reliability index)
- Bulk Electricity System (integrated generation and transmission system outages, failures)
Benefits of joining the Analytics and Reliability Program
With continuous access to CEA Analytics and Reliability Program data, you can:
- Improve system and equipment performance
- Increase operational efficiencies
- Enhance employee safety and customer satisfaction
- Reduce costs
- Benefit from an evidence-based, advanced perspective on industry trends
- Participate in an atmosphere of knowledge sharing, innovation, and performance improvement
Influence the direction of the Analytics and Reliability Program
As a program participant, you can influence the value of the data collected and the topics of research by:
- Participating in committees and setting the direction of the program’s future work
- Developing the workplans for the program
- Using CEA Analytics Survey Services to collect information and interpret results
- Researching topics of interest to you and your organization
- Conducting data analysis
- Identifying and assessing industry trends
Join the CEA Analytics and Reliability Program
Open to both CEA Members and Non-Members
For more information on how you can get involved in the Analytics and Reliability Program, please contact us.